We provide independent analysis, verification and validation services, as well as training courses on maritime battery systems.
All electric and hybrid ships with energy storage in large Li-ion batteries can provide significant reductions in fuel
cost, maintenance and emissions as well as improved responsiveness, regularity and safety.
KOSCO AS provides decision-making support to ship owners, designers, yards and vendors for making vessels ready
for future battery retrofit or battery operation today.
Based on technical and financial feasibility studies, we help you select the best option according to your operational
and environmental requirements.
Our battery services cover:
- Training course – Introduction to maritime battery systems
- Technical, economic and environmental analyses of power systems
- Battery Ready service for retrofits and new buildings
- Battery sizing and optimisation analyses
- Battery gassing, fire and explosion analyses
- Battery room risk analysis facilitation
- Qualification of battery-related systems
- Requirement specification assessment and design review
- Risk analyses (FMECA/HAZID)
- Test planning, management and execution
- Independent quality assurance, verification and validation
- Performance instrumentation, measurements and analyses of battery powered ships
- Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing of battery management systems
KOSCO AS can assist you all the way from planning, concept design and approval in principle to a final business risk
and safety risk analysis as required by KOSCO AS class requirements.
Choose to have a reliable, competent partner on your side – choose KOSCO AS